Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beyonce Video Premieres: High and Lows

Beyonce premiered two new videos from her Album I Am...Sasha Fierce. The first was the video for "Halo," which is my favorite track from the entire release and probably my favorite Beyonce solo song. It was originally meant for Leona Lewis, who I probably would have preferred on the track...but it's still great. The video isn't the most exciting video ever, but it is quite beautifully shot. The lighting is exquisite and thw water sequence is gorgeous. I don't know how believable Beyonce is as a ballerina...I probably would have gone with a recreation of the pottery scene in Ghost.
Here's the clip!



"Diva" is the other video released and it remains one of my least favorite tracks off the album. It is well produced and therefore relatively catchy, but I just don't think the hook of the song makes all that much sense..."a diva is a female version of a hustler." I never associated those as even remote synonyms before, regardless of gender.

In regards to the video...space outfits+crazy sunglasses+more black and white+copying s"Single Ladies" dance moves=one hot mess(in the least flattering sense) of a video



At least you get a vocab lesson at the start...

No comments: